Thursday, December 5, 2013

Website for the Classroom


“The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” 
~ William Arthur Ward

During this class we have discovered how teachers can create and maintain a website for use in their future classroom.  I have found some tasks a little bit more than what the normal teacher may be use to at this point in their training but with guidance of our teacher we have learned how to overcome these obstacles.  I feel that any teacher can teach and provide some sort of online support for their students but a great teacher can structure and provide an outstanding learning experience for their students with a little bit of extra work.  While designing my website I tried to structure it in the best format that would be useful as a resource for my future classroom.  I have tried to keep all of the font and layout in an easy to read/view format, but I would really enjoy if I could get the side bar sizing figured out.  I truly thought if I could link my classroom blog and email address that would be handy, but I have struggled on sizing the text in a format that would allow for individuals to view the whole text in case the link does not work on their computer.  It's the little things that can sometimes cause more concern when trying to provide a great teacher service, but as with most tasks answers can be found after putting forth the effort required to succeed.  I think that this activity has been one of the most useful ones for the duration of the class since we have truly combined all of our projects onto this page.  I see myself using a classroom website in my future class with a structure that will most likely be very close to the site I have been working on in this class.           

No comments:

Post a Comment