Monday, October 28, 2013

Half Way There!


“When you have completed 95 percent of your journey, you are only halfway there.”

~ Japanese Proverb

So far so good. . . or so I think!  I have managed to learn a lot already this semester and I plan to use a large amount of these new skills in my classroom setting in the future.  Learning how to set up digital scavenger hunts for students has been a great skill to acquire.  I found the activity of learning how to do a slide show in google presentations extremely handy for classroom material and student based activities, not to mention I can now have this handy tool at my finger tips for my next kidding season on the farm.  Imagine how nice it will be to set up kidding pictures in a google presentation that I can place on my farm website for clients!  Very handy all around!

Now as we have reached our halfway mark I feel pretty good about all of the information I have been able to work towards learning.  One thing that I am really excited to have a chance to learn is going to be the use of whiteboards that we are about to start in this new second portion of the class.  I really wished I had already learned about whiteboards as it could have been useful in one of my other class mock teaching experiences I had last week.  I look forward to learning as much about new technologies in the classroom as we can possibly fit into our class time this semester.  I am not the most skilled computer user so I have actually found the use of Mac's in the classroom a little helpful since I am a PC person.  Now if I end up in a school setting that only has Mac's for use I can feel a bit more confident with the equipment.  Goodness I still remember when I thought I was very computer savvy in Elementary school (middle school, as our elem and mid school was in the same school).  They had some of us loading and setting up the younger students that had issues booting their computers. . . mind you it was the big huge old computers with green font and the big floppy disks!  I haven't used dos commands in so long. . . hopefully all of this new technology will become as second nature as those older systems that I had once known so well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment